A "Spotter" is an adult required to assist Firepup® at all times. Someone capable of observing, "spotting", and handling any possible dangerous situation while Firepup® is making an appearance. While wearing the Firepup® Costume you have limited movement and vision. It's imperative that a spotter is always available to help keep Firepup®, and the children around him, safe.
The Spotters Duties Include:
- helping Firepup® dress.
- alerting Firepup® to any situation that the costume wearer may not be able to see.
- speaking for Firepup,® and therefore should be comfortable working with groups of children and be knowledgable in fire safety.
- holding Firepup®’s hand or helping the character when walking up and down stairs and when appearing in large crowds.
- assisting with handouts and safely guiding young children to and away from the mascot.
The Spotter watches and assists with:
- changes in the floor/ground.
- inclines, debris, stairs or other obstacles.
- children approaching for a handshake or hug.
- children with ice cream, candy, drinks, etc.
- older chldren pulling clothing or pushing.
- puddles and larger bodies of water.
- answering questions asked of Firepup®.
- any adjustments that need to be made to the costume or surrounding area(i.e. turned head, jacket centered, moving a cable, opening doors, etc.).